An Overview: Sexual Assault Prevention for Athletics
When it comes to sexual violence and abuse, 60% of student-athletes believe sexual assault is a problem on their campus and 50% believe they can play a role in creating a more positive campus culture. However, only 6% feel empowered to take action.
Student athletes and athletic staff can act as catalysts to prevent abuse and bring about cultural shifts when provided the knowledge, skills, and support they need.
Watch the recording for an overview of EVERFI’s Sexual Assault Prevention for Student Athletes course and insights from recent data about the demographics and attitudes of college athletes.
View the Recording to learn:
- Research insights on sexual assault, hazing, and bullying experienced by student athletes
- Best practices for building healthy and respectful athlete culture and supporting student athletes who have experienced harm
- A detailed overview of EVERFI’s course Sexual Assault Prevention for Student Athletes
- Holly Rider-Milkovich | Senior Director of Impact & Education, EVERFI
- Jayme Katis | Regional Director of Higher Education, EVERFI and former Division I Athlete