Combatting a Critical Public Health Issue
With one in five high school seniors reporting that they have misused prescription drugs, reaching students early is now more important than ever. How can we support at risk students, but also engage the majority of students who don’t misuse?
Created by leading subject matter experts, Prescription Drug Safety is an evidence-informed digital resource that prepares high school students to make healthy, informed decisions about prescription medications. Since the resource’s launch last year, more than 90,000 students across North America have participated.
Thanks to a national coalition of healthcare organizations, foundations, and state leaders, teachers and students have access to the Prescription Drug Safety resource free of charge.
Prescription Drug Safety Topics:
- Opioids, stimulants, and depressants
- Proper prescription drug use, storage, and disposal
- Brain and body: the science of addiction
- Simulations: refusal and bystander skills
- Debunking common myths
- *New* Vaping and e-cigarette mini-lesson