EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Director of User Experience Design empowers super users (teachers, marketers, training managers) to discover and promote learning activities that address challenges facing their community, campus, and/or workplace. This individual manages designers across multiple product areas and is accountable for usability, simplicity and visual design quality. Success is measured by customer impressions of the platform. Customers should find it friendly and intuitive.
- Apply design thinking methodologies to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions focused on user needs and business goals
- Design, test, develop and maintain intuitive user journeys through a complex system to ensure adoption of efficient design systems across the organization
- Review the ux prototypes and released software to ensure it conforms with design system standards.
- Define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specifications leveraging best practices
- Manage, mentor and coach team members to set concrete goals and develop their strengths
- Provide regular, actionable performance feedback and reviews
- Recommend and execute on continuous improvement of the design, development and quality assurance processes – Attend sales meetings to represent and explain design systems and usability of EVERFI’s approach strategic sales meetings, partner visits and industry events
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years minimum, 7 years preferred of experience working as a Visual/UI Designer
- 2+ years of management and leadership experience
- Experience building design systems and contributing to best practices
- Portfolio required, ideally with demonstrated expertise in user experience research, UI/UX validation, and visual design across multiple platforms (web, Android, iOS, email, social)
- High energy, drive, and a passion for building scalable products
- Experience working within agile, iterative development teams that ship high impact features and improvements every week
- Leadership DNA and proven ability to excite and motivate a software development team
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Work-life, Culture & Perks
- Competitive base salary + bonus plan
- 401k program with company match and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Fitness program membership discounts
- Complementary Capital Bikeshare membership
- Casual work environment and great office locations
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.