EVERFI is an international technology company driving social impact through education to address the most challenging issues affecting society ranging from financial wellness to mental health to workplace conduct and other critical topics. Founded in 2008, EVERFI’s Impact-as-a-Service TM solution and digital educational content have reached more than 41 million learners globally. In 2020, the company was recognized as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company and was featured on Fortune Magazine’s Impact 20 List. The company was also named to the 2021 GSV EdTech 150, a list of the most transformative growth companies in digital learning. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, as well as Advance, Rethink Education, Rethink Impact, The Rise Fund, and TPG Growth. To learn more about EVERFI and how you can #answerthecall please visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Senior Director, Account Management Operations is responsible for driving operational excellence across the Account Management and Client Service organization, ultimately helping to deliver a best-in-class customer experience, meet and exceed retention and growth targets, and facilitate an inclusive employee culture across the team. This role is focused on identifying, planning, directing, and deploying scalable, best-in-class operational process improvements related to strategy, people, systems, and data with a focus on their alignment to company and departmental vision and goals.
Account Management Strategy
- Identify points of improvement in the customer journey to upskill and drive efficiency through deeper enablement, and collaborate with account management leaders to create playbooks and scalable processes and tools.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to support and drive key initiatives already in place that measure customer engagement and identify opportunities to improve the experience and scale the work of the account management team. Examples include the annual Voice of the Customer survey and related action plans along with teamwide account management tools.
- Operationalize account management initiatives around key areas of focus which include: post-sale onboarding and first 90 day experience, proactive customer touchpoints, customer engagement initiatives/building advocacy, new initiatives to monetize/cross-sell, gathering customer feedback, and key customer communications.
- Collaborate with Account Management leadership to operationalize and roll out account plans, focusing on expansion strategy for key identified accounts.
- Collaborate with Sales leadership to ensure that any key initiatives and focus areas are also implemented in the sales process.
AM Performance Management
- Partner with the Revenue Operations team and Account Management leadership in the creation and continued monitoring of KPIs for team and individual performance.
- Create and execute a roadmap for the team and mechanisms to drive organizational alignment across segments, territory and account assignments, role definitions, and hiring needs.
- Develop and implement strategies to support team performance metrics, team culture, and retention of employees, including culture activities and incentive models.
Data & Reporting
- Own executive level reporting in collaboration with Account Management leadership.
- Monitor and operationalize leading and lagging data-driven metrics to roll out ongoing initiatives that drive customer health, retention, and expansion.
- Identify customer and AM patterns to create automation models for playbooks.
- Partner with Account Management leadership around renewal forecasting, account planning, risk management, and post-mortem churn analysis.
- Own the development and rollout of Account Management team communications including all hands meetings, leadership meetings, and rollout of all-customer initiatives.
- Provide operational personnel support on key areas related to hiring and onboarding.
- Collaborate with the Enablement team and Account Management leadership to identify enablement needs beyond the customer onboarding process.
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams as needed as a key representative of Account Management operations, including Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Product, and Customer Experience.
- Manage process for non-standard contract approvals in key areas including opt-outs, right of first refusal, and standard customizations.
- Manage teamwide and vertical-specific budgets.
- Manage, update, and communicate progress against departmental OKRs on a monthly and quarterly basis.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in account management, customer success, sales, consulting, or project management, with at least 3 years spent in an operationally-focused role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce required, experience with customer success management tools i.e. ChurnZero or Gainsight is a plus
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and deadlines
- Experience analyzing data and driving recommendations
- Budget management experience a plus
- Strong collaboration and project management skills
- Proven experience in building and maintaining long-term, trusted relationships with customers or colleagues
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and a solutions oriented mindset
- Strong oral and written communication as well as active listening skills
- Ability to travel 15% of time
Work-life, Culture, & Perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
We’re looking for future team members who are energized and inspired by our values, as well as people who bring new backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. At EVERFI, our eight core values are an active part of everything we do:
- Relationships First
- Demand Excellence
- Embrace Diversity of Thought & Drive Change
- Act Like an Owner
- Always Show Up
- Share the Credit
- Require Honest & Positivity
- Always Ask: “Did I Matter Today?”
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.