EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
EVERFI is seeking an exceptional Senior Director of Sales to directly manager a team of Account Executives and drive revenue growth.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Coach and mentor Account Executives on all aspects of the sales process
- Educate and make sure Account Executives adhere to sales processes and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Meet and exceed team annual and quarterly revenue targets as well as other key performance objectives
- Assess individual performance through observation and measurement and suggest corrective actions as needed
- Help hire, train, mentor, and motivate high-performing Account Executives focused on consultative sales methodologies and activities
- Present regular sales forecasts to Vice President and Leadership Team
- Own and ensure team effectiveness on all aspects of the sales process including discovery client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close
- Partner with Account Management and Sales Enablement team to ensure seamless client delivery in the sales and post sales process
- Provide continuous input and feedback on the go-to-market strategy for products, growth and hiring decisions
- Travel as needed to industry events and in-person meetings with prospective clients to assist in the development of key relationships
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Desired skills, experience, and qualifications:
- We are seeking world-class candidates with 5+ years of experience selling SaaS solutions with a history of meeting and exceeding team quotas and revenue goals
- 1 year experience managing a team
- Strong track record of working collaboratively with internal and external parties across all the company to drive collective success. Proven to have built key relationships, managed and mentored a world-class sales team.
- Proven coach of Account Executives and demonstrated ability to grow inexperienced closers into quota exceeders and develop sales management.
- Candidate has successfully built and led a team of quota exceeders. This is a leader who understand her/his role is to coach to close, not to actually own to close. Can adeptly coach AEs through objection handling. Understands the tripping points at the bottom of the funnel. Can point to experience coaching through a deal after the client says “yes” (e.g. board approval, procurement).
- Proven ability to drive process (activities, pipeline management, forecasting). Experience is rooted in understanding sales is about process (e.g. activities lead to closes.) and can easily talk to how an average week should be structured. The leader has a proven track record of and desire to run a data-driven business.
- Cultural addition: you understand this is a nimble growth business environment. You are collaborative. You are flexible. You are able to test, re-boot, and always look at data to re-pivot as needed. You are persistent, but positive. You are an executor. You have a High EQ and IQ.
- Demonstrate forward-thinking approaches to selling techniques in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven leadership skills in program/project management and ability to develop and manage a budget
- Proficiency with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to forecast and track activities and opportunities, Salesforce preferred
- Excellent problem solving, project management, and change management skills
- Results oriented with strong analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
Work-life, culture, & perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program with company match and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Fitness program membership discounts
- Complementary Capital Bikeshare membership
- Casual work environment and great office locations
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.