EVERFI is an international technology company driving social impact through education to address the most challenging issues affecting society ranging from financial wellness to mental health to workplace conduct and other critical topics. Founded in 2008, EVERFI’s Impact-as-a-Service TM solution and digital educational content have reached more than 41 million learners globally. In 2020, the company was recognized as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company and was featured on Fortune Magazine’s Impact 20 List. The company was also named to the 2021 GSV EdTech 150, a list of the most transformative growth companies in digital learning. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, as well as Advance, Rethink Education, Rethink Impact, The Rise Fund, and TPG Growth. To learn more about EVERFI and how you can #answerthecall please visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter @EVERFI.
EVERFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Talent Team to help build and lead the Learning & Development function. In this role, serves as the resident expert and partner to the business for learning and development, fostering a culture of continuous learning, growth mindset and knowledge sharing culture for EVERFI employees. As a vital part of our Talent team, this position is responsible for the design, implementation, and evaluation of highly effective programs, including competency development resources for all employees, as well as administration and operations of our learning management system and owning our leadership development programs. Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping people learn and grow and developing and delivering highly effective learning and development programs to support retention and growth of employees.
- Reporting to the Chief Talent and Inclusion Officer, you will lead the design, build and manage EVERFI’s internal Learning and Development programs; establish methods and procedures for delivery, evaluation measurement, and reporting
- Assess and identify organizational and departmental performance and skills gaps, making recommendations, and providing solutions to improve business performance.
- Design, implement and maintain competency-based professional development training and programs that support the entire employee lifecycle – onboarding, career
- Facilitate and deliver accessible in-person and virtual training that is innovative, engaging and foster a learning environment where employees can realize their potential
- development, manager development and leadership development programs.
- Partner with key stakeholders to execute on the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion priorities and lead learning-related initiatives that ensure a diversity, equity and inclusion lens is integrated in all L&D processes and programs.
- Design, coordinate and continuously enhance EVERFI’s approach to high potential leadership development through creation of formal mentoring networks, leadership development intensive programs for top talent, and executive coaching programs.
- Apply expertise in manager development, learner experience, training resources, and leadership to develop high quality learning and development programs.
- Research, manage, evaluate, and maximize the learning and development vendors, including relationships management, usage tracking, budget, employee satisfaction, and impact on the organization’s strategic needs.
- Own administration and management of the company’s Learning Management System.
- Support and lead change management efforts associated with all key talent and culture initiatives being implemented across the company
- Other duties as assigned
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Learning & Development, Organizational Development, Behavioral Science, Business or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in L&D Management, Training & Instructional Design, Organizational Development or similar field including experience facilitating in-person and remote training programs
- Ability to apply adult learning principles to effectively engage an audience and lead training sessions for groups of varied skill levels
- Excellent presentation skills, including training design and delivery utilizing a variety of mediums
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with high emotional intelligence, and executive presence
- Hands-on experience with administration of a Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience working with distributed teams is preferred
- Professional certifications such as CPLP is a plus
Work-life, Culture, & Perks:
- Competitive base salary and bonus potential
- 401k program and equity plan
- Comprehensive health care and excellent parental leave benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous holiday schedule
- Casual work environment
- Annual company-wide retreat
- Opportunity to work with talented people who have fun in the workplace
We’re looking for future team members who are energized and inspired by our values, as well as people who bring new backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. At EVERFI, our eight core values are an active part of everything we do:
- Relationships First
- Demand Excellence
- Embrace Diversity of Thought & Drive Change
- Act Like an Owner
- Always Show Up
- Share the Credit
- Require Honesty & Positivity
- Always Ask: “Did I Matter Today?”
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.