Going to NASPA?
Join our Panel –VAWA Ongoing Awareness: Changing Campus Culture.
Tuesday, March 24th at 1pm CT, Room #212
What We’ll Cover
What is the culture of your campus with regard to violence against women? Is reporting at-risk behavior the norm, or the exception? Are you confident that because you get so few reports there is no problem at your institution? Statistics suggest the polar opposite could be true. Ensuring your campus empowers and even expects reporting is the goal of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Our panel discussion will explore this evolving legislation, answer questions about the challenges faced, and provide best practices to comply with the spirit as well as the letter of the law. All administrators should attend this thoughtful discussion to nurture a culture of change and prevention for their campus community.
Meet the Panelists
- Alison Kiss, Executive Director of The Clery Center
- Silvia Ramos, Chief Compliance Officer and EEO/AA Officer, Winston-Salem State University
- Tremayne Robertson, Violence Prevention Health Educator, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Ashley Hinton-Moncer, Director of Health & Wellness, Title IX Coordinator, Transylvania University
- Moderator: Sondra Solovay, J.D.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Share their best practices and successful strategies with the group
- Work with the panel and group to discuss challenges they face
- Hear about resources that involve the entire campus community in prevention and support.