ON-DEMAND MINI LESSON
Preparing Elementary School Students to Make Real-Life Decisions
This 8-minute interactive video will guide students through a story-based game where they learn to make real-life decisions about their personal finances.
Ideas for How to Use This Lesson:
- Play the video for your whole class - you can pause it throughout to discuss as a class or let it play all the way through!
- Use these discussion questions after the video to further student learning about responsible money choices.
- Thinking about your daily life, what are some things that you would say are “needs”? What are some examples of “wants”?
- Setting priorities helps you decide how to spend your money. When is a time that you have set priorities in your life?
- Think about a time when you had a goal in mind. What was the goal? Why was it important? What did you do to meet that goal?
Looking for even more resources to talk about responsible decision making, financial literacy and career exploration with your class? Students can access all 6 online lessons in Vault: Understanding Money independently - here are instructions to get started!