US & Canada Empowered Seal Districts: Student Scholarship Submission Form
Enter to win a scholarship for college savings.
The Empowered Seal District Scholarship Contest is Currently Closed.
Entries were due May 5th, 2023 at 5:00pm ET.
How It Works and Eligibility:
The EVERFI Student Scholarship Competition is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- Must be 13 years old or older
- Be a student in an Empowered Seal district. Not sure if your district earned the Empowered Seal this year? Check the list to see if you're eligible.
- Completed at least 3 EVERFI lessons during the 2022-2023 school year
Selection of Winners
A committee of judges from EVERFI will select the final winners and notify the winners’ teachers via email. Entries will be judged based on the content of message, the quality of the writing, and originality. Winners will be selected and featured on the EVERFI Blog and Facebook Page.
First place winners will receive gift cards ranging in $500 to $1,000 toward their education. The number and dollar value of scholarships that may be awarded by EVERFI’s customers will be determined at a future date. Winners of those scholarships may be featured on customer’s websites and social media platforms.
- What is the most crucial topic or skill you learned from this EVERFI course? Give a specific example of how what you learned has helped you recently or how it will make a positive impact on your life in the future. Tell us who was involved, where you see yourself in the future, and why it matters.
- What are your goals and dreams for the future (college, career, military, etc.)? Give specific examples of how what you learned in this EVERFI course has impacted you and how it will help you reach a specific goal(s).
- Share a specific example of how you’ve connected what you’ve learned in this EVERFI course to your life beyond the classroom. How did this EVERFI course help connect what you’re learning in the classroom to the real world?
Terms and Conditions
Participating students must be ages 13 and up in an Empowered Seal School District for the 22-23 school year.
Winners will receive a gift card between $500 and $1,000. Students are able to use the gift card toward education.
Please note that the gift cards awarded will be in United States dollars, regardless of where the student resides. Winners will be emailed an authorization form that a parent or guardian must complete and return within two weeks in order to receive the gift card. By accepting the gift card, teachers and students acknowledge that they are complying with their individual district policy on rewards and/or incentives. EVERFI shall have the right, title and interest to use, market and otherwise own the content of the submitted blog.
Additionally, EVERFI’s customers may award scholarships to students who make eligible submissions. The number and dollar value of these scholarships will be determined at a future date. Winners will be emailed an authorization form that a parent or guardian must complete and return within two weeks in order to receive the gift card. By accepting the 529 College Savings gift card, teachers and students acknowledge that they are complying with their individual district policy on rewards and/or incentives. EVERFI’s customer shall have the right, title and interest to use, market and otherwise own the submitted content of the identified winner. In order to deposit funds into a 529 Plan, students must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien with a valid social security number or other taxpayer identification number. Click here for more information about 529 Plans.
This promotion is sponsored solely by EVERFI from Blackbaud., located at 65 Fairchild St, Charleston, SC 29492.
Subject Matter Experts
Dr. Larry Rosen, Ignition
Dr. Larry Rosen is Professor Emeritus and past chair of the psychology department at California State University, Dominguez Hills. He is a research psychologist with specialties in multitasking, social networking, and educational psychology, and is recognized as an international expert in the “Psychology of Technology.”
Dr. Rosen consulted with EVERFI to develop our relaunched digital citizenship curriculum, Ignition: Digital Wellness and Safety.
93% of teachers would recommend Ignition’s digital literacy program to their colleagues.
Dr. Clayborne Carson, 306
Dr. Clayborne Carson is the Professor of History and Director of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute at Stanford University.
Dr. Carson supported content development in EVERFI’s 306 – African-American History program. 306’s curriculum informs and inspires today’s students by exploring history’s most important stories of African-American women and men overcoming obstacles through grit, strength, creativity, and intellect.