Data Protection Training As Part of Your Security Awareness Program
Our data protection course offers vital training for companies doing business in the global economy. Privacy laws around the world dictate the proper handling of personal information by you and the companies you do business with.
Data protection can have significant consequences if you fail to comply with privacy protection restrictions. If companies fail to comply, they could face serious risks, including fines and criminal sanctions. A company’s reputation can suffer significant damage in the aftermath of a security breach. Because of these liabilities, data protection training is critical.
This course teaches the fundamentals and importance of your security awareness program, and maps out for everyone in your organization that good data protection practices are direct results of an individual’s behavior. Our data protection course focuses on key topics, such as security breach basics, due diligence on vendors, data transfers, and others. The course teaches employees about privacy laws through real-life scenarios, case studies, useful links, and practical compliance tips, all to ensure a proper understanding of their responsibilities.
Compliance Tune-Ups Available
Compliance Tune-ups offer short courses (from 30 seconds to a few minutes), entertaining communications, games, cartoons, and vignettes based on real-life situations that help learners practice and retain information after the initial course is completed. Available Compliance Tune-Ups for this course include:
- Privacy (Data Transfer Game) – In global companies, it’s natural to send data around the world – but can you? We’ll remind you of some of the basic rules on Data Transfer so you don’t violate the big rules.
- InfoSec (Alert Game) – Info, data, more info, more data. How do you keep them secure? Play this fun game and you’ll learn more about keeping things safe.
- InfoSec / Privacy (Clean Desk Game) – Information Security starts with you! Take a look at your desk and make sure you know how to keep information where it belongs!
- Chinese (Simplified/Mandarin – Mainland China)
- French (Parisian)
- French (Canadian)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Spanish (Castilian)
- Spanish (Latin American)
Benefits and Features
- Interactive scenarios and storylines help reinforce learning
- Real-life examples show the perils of noncompliance
- Customizable to meet your organization’s needs
- International-ready in multiple languages
- Graded quiz