In preparation for the upcoming school year, EVERFI, Inc., the nation’s leading education technology innovator used in 1 in 7 public schools nationwide, announced the release of two new digital courses and key course updates to equip learners and teachers as they head back to school.
EVERFI is rolling out two new courses Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention, and Endeavor, a course exploring STEM careers. Additionally, EVERFI’s Vaultfinancial literacy course, Venture entrepreneurship course, and Future Goals: Hockey Scholar course have all undergone upgrades.
“For nearly ten years EVERFI has partnered with schools and educators throughout the country supporting and empowering them to invest in teaching critical skills through our digital platform,” said EVERFI CEO Tom Davidson. “Our team has worked diligently throughout the summer on both new and existing courses teaching desperately needed skills, from how to prevent opioid and drug abuse to exploring STEM careers.”
Click below to watch EVERFI’S VP of K-12 Product and Content, Zach Wagner reveal some key features in our two newest courses:
- Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention responds directly to the nationwide public health crisis affecting millions of Americans of all ages. The course aims to give high school students the knowledge and tools to make healthy, informed decisions when it comes to prescription medications. Through interactive scenarios and self-guided activities, students learn the facts about drugs, how to properly use and dispose of them, and how to step in when faced with a situation involving misuse.
- Endeavor is a first-of-its-kind interactive program designed to introduce middle school students to STEM careers and the path to obtain them. Learners engage with interactive content that reinforces key skills while building a digital field guide and creating their STEM pathway. One key indicator determining high school graduates’ pursuit of a STEM degree is their interest in STEM upon entering high school. Endeavor seeks to close this STEM interest gap.
Courses that have undergone significant improvements include:
- Vault financial literacy course will be launched on Sept. 7 in Spanish and French to help cater to a diverse 4-6 grade student population in expanded regions. For the 2016-2017 school year students showed a financial knowledge gain of 33 percent pre and post assessment.
- Venture, EVERFI’s course to train and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs, now features a new interactive module sponsored by Fifth Third Bank that will accompany the course to give students in grade 7-10 a more in depth understanding and clarification of money management topics. Students who completed the course increased their business and entrepreneurial knowledge by an average of 74 percent from pre to post-assessment. More than ⅔ of the students that completed the course are interested in starting their own business.
- The Future Goals: Hockey Scholar program has now been split into two distinct courses, Hockey Scholar- Math Edition and Hockey Scholar- Science Edition.The NHL & NHLPA Future Goals program is the world’s largest digital STEM education initiative. Since its launch in 2014, over 1.7 million 4-7 grade students from more than 10,000 schools across North America have dedicated 5 million hours to STEM concepts, improving their knowledge of core STEM concepts by 74% (average; measured by pre- and post-assessments within the course). The program is reaching diverse populations of students including: 21% Black/African-American; 20% Hispanic/Latino; 4% Asian/Pacific islander; and 2% Native/Aboriginal.
Throughout September, EVERFI will offer webinars to support teachers and help them navigate the new courses.
Course webinars scheduled in September include:
Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention: Sept 7th 3:30-4:15 EST
Endeavor: Sept. 20th 4:00-4:45 EST
Vault (Available to Canadian schools): Sept. 27th 3:30-4:15 EST
EVERFI, Inc. is the leading education technology innovator that empowers K-12, higher education, and adult learners with the skills needed to be successful in life. Its comprehensive critical skills platform is focused on Financial Education, Digital Citizenship, STEM Career Readiness, Diversity and Inclusion, Entrepreneurship, Character Education, and Health and Wellness. The EVERFI Education Network powers more than 3,300 partner organizations across all 50 states and Canada and annually reaches 6 million learners.
Senior Director of Corporate Communications
202-625-0011 ext. 373