EVERFI, the leading social impact education innovator, today announced the winners of the 2019 EVERFI Impact Awards, which recognize institutions of higher education that have demonstrated excellence in comprehensive alcohol abuse, sexual assault, and hazing prevention efforts. The EVERFI Impact Award recognizes an organization’s commitment to creating safe and healthy college campuses by implementing evidence-based practices.
This year’s winners were selected based on three categories: Excellence in Alcohol Prevention, Excellence in Fraternity and Sorority Life, and Excellence in Sexual Assault Prevention. Winners in each category are:
- Excellence in Alcohol Prevention — Ohio University, University at Buffalo, Wake Forest University
- Excellence in Fraternity and Sorority Life — Sigma Nu, Zeta Tau Alpha
- Excellence in Sexual Assault Prevention — Amherst College, Centre College, University of Chicago, University of Delaware, University of Rochester
Institutions of higher education and national Greek letter organizations that belong to the Campus Prevention Network are eligible to receive the award. Winners of the award are selected based on the results of their Alcohol Diagnostic Inventory (ADI), Fraternity and Sorority Diagnostic Inventory (FASDI), or Sexual Assault Diagnostic Inventory (SADI) — comprehensive, evidence-informed assessments of a school or organization’s prevention programs and practices. Additional selection criteria include interviews with prevention experts and a careful review of each institution’s accomplishments from the previous year.
“EVERFI Impact Award winners have committed to the highest standards in prevention, paving a path for creating safer, healthier campus communities, and providing a roadmap to help drive the change that every campus wishes to see,” said Rob Buelow, vice president, Impact and Education, EVERFI. “Our research shows that best-in-class institutions consistently invest significant resources and staff to help further their prevention efforts; they also engage in formal strategic planning processes to guide prevention efforts and investments.”
EVERFI Impact Award winners consistently demonstrate a dedication to prevention efforts that exceed their peer institutions. For example,
- 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners spend, on average, three times more per student on prevention efforts than peer institutions with a spend of $14.44 vs $4.78, respectively.
- 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners average one full-time equivalent (FTE) dedicated to prevention per every 4,979 students vs non-recognized universities, which dedicate one FTE per 9,191 students.
- 87.5% of 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners have engaged in a formal strategic planning process to inform and guide prevention efforts while only 46% of non-recognized institutions/organizations have undertaken the same process.
- 100% of 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners have undertaken a comprehensive review and examination of their policies related to prevention vs 84% of non-recognized institutions/organizations.
- 100% of 2019 EVERFI Impact Award winners have articulated specific, measurable goals for improving prevention efforts compared to only 45% of non-recognized peer institutions/organizations.
EVERFI Impact Award winners will be recognized during the annual Campus Prevention Network Summit, taking place in Nashville, Tenn. June 10-12. EVERFI’s Campus Prevention Network provides tools, resources, and insights to help colleges and universities drive lasting, large-scale change.
To learn more about the Campus Prevention Network please visit https://everfi.com/networks/campus-prevention-network/.
EVERFI is the leading education technology company that provides learners of all ages education for the real world, through innovative and scalable digital learning including topics like Financial Education, Digital Citizenship, STEM Career Readiness, Diversity and Inclusion, Entrepreneurship, Character Education, and Health and Wellness. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has reached over 30 million learners in critical skill areas. Some of America’s leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education, and Rethink Impact. The EVERFI Education Network powers more than 3,500 partners in their education initiatives across all 50 states and Canada. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
About the Campus Prevention Network
EVERFI’s Campus Prevention Network is a nationwide initiative of more than 1,500 institutions dedicated to creating safer, healthier campus communities. Any college or university may join the Campus Prevention Network at no cost by agreeing to take a pledge to adopt the highest standards of prevention related to critical health and safety challenges–including sexual and relationship violence, alcohol and other drugs, diversity and inclusion, and mental health and wellness–and to assess the progress and impact of their efforts. Through the Campus Prevention Network, colleges and universities will have access to prevention best practices, regulatory compliance expertise, ongoing professional development, and groundbreaking prevention research. Campuses can join the network and take the pledge here.