South Carolina Treasurer Curtis Loftis is committed to supporting a new generation of young people who take control of their finances and their future. A strong financial education helps students make better decisions and may even help them positively influence their friends and family.
HOW IT WORKS
Submit a short blog post (300 words or less) that answers one of the following questions:
- How has the Future Scholar Financial Literacy Program had an impact on your life and the decisions that you will make moving forward? Tell us one way that the program has changed your attitude or behavior.
- What are your dreams for the future (college, travel, volunteering, pursuing your dream job)? How has the Future Scholar Financial Literacy Program helped prepare you to achieve those goals? Be specific.
- Tell us about a financial mistake that you have made. How would you change your actions based on what you now know through the Future Scholar Financial Literacy Program?
- 1st Place: Winner will receive $529 towards a Future Scholar 529 Plan and a prize pack, and his or her teacher will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and a prize pack.
- 2nd Place: Winner will receive a prize pack, and his or her teacher will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and a prize pack.
- 3rd Place: Winner will receive a prize pack, and his or her teacher will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and a prize pack.
The contest is open April 11, 2018 – May 4, 2018. The submission deadline is May 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT.
The blog contest is open to all students who have completed or are working through the South Carolina Future Scholar Financial Literacy program in the 2017-2018 academic year.
Students working to earn certification in the South Carolina Future Scholar Financial Literacy program (by participating in lessons), are encouraged to reflect on what you have learned and submit your story in the form provided above. Suggested length: 300 words or less.
Entries for the Scholarship Contest must be received by May 4, 2018.
A committee of judges from EVERFI will select the final winners. Judges include former educators and experts with a background in education. Three (3) winners will be chosen on May 7, 2018 and announced on May 9, 2018. Entries will be judged based on the content of the message, the quality of the writing, and originality.
By clicking submit, you are consenting to the use of this content by EverFi and the program sponsor. Submissions will be reviewed on May 7, 2018. The three (3) selected winners will be announced on May 9, 2018.
Upon accepting the scholarship, teachers and students acknowledge that they are complying with their individual district policy on rewards and/or incentives. EVERFI and the program sponsor shall have the right, title and interest to use, market and otherwise own the content of the submitted blog. By submitting a blog, applicants are consenting to use of their name, their teacher’s name, and their photo for post-contest publicity.