Webinar | Prioritizing Well-Being: Mental Health Strategies for Teachers and Students
Educators have truly risen to the challenges presented by remote learning. We see your feats of strength and courage in the face of the unknown, and salute the work you do, day-in and day-out. You are currently facing and solving for some of society’s largest, most intractable problems. Student well-being is at the top of your list of priorities, and your well-being is at the top of ours.
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week and Mental Health Awareness Month, experts from the EVERFI team are partnering with the Jed Foundation to ensure you have the resources necessary to support your mental wellness and that of your students. In this webinar, we explore activities and strategies around mental well-being that can be used in the classroom or virtually, as well as providing tips and tricks for educator self-care.
Digital Mental Health Resources from EVERFI
- The Compassion Project: The Compassion Project is the first comprehensive, no-cost program designed to promote compassion education and help educators facilitate lessons around fundamental SEL skills for students in grades 2-4, focusing on the complex but critical skill of compassion
- Character Playbook: Character Playbook is an innovative digital character education program that uses engaging social-emotional learning activities to educate students about cultivating and maintaining healthy relationships during their critical middle school years.
- Honor Code: Honor Code takes a practical approach to bullying prevention by empowering students to create positive change in their school community, whether they’re engaging in bullying, on the receiving end of it, or witnessing it in their school.
- Mental Wellness Basics: Mental Wellness Basics is a digital resource that introduces middle and high school students to mental health education. Stigma associated with mental health can have serious and negative impacts on help-seeking behaviors, and many mental health conditions and symptoms can be significantly lessened through prevention.
- Teacher / Student Registration Instructions: A brief step-by-step guide to setting up your account, creating your classes, and getting students ready to learn online with EVERFI.
- SSO Teacher Registration: If your school uses Clever Single Sign On, this brief step-by-step guide will help you through setting up your account and adding resources to the EVERFI app in student’s Clever accounts.
Additional Resources & Links
- Mental Health Awareness Month Activity Calendar
- May Mental Health Toolkit for Grades 8-10
- Blog: 10 Ways Educators Can Support Their Mental Health
- Blog: Tips for Talking to Your Teen About Social Distancing
- Blog: Character Building Activities for All Grade Bands
EVERFI Courses In Your Classroom or School
Visit everfi.com/newteacher to Register for an Account