Webinar | Teaching Financial Skills Outside the Classroom
Financial literacy has always been a key component of wellness and security. Now more than ever, students are curious about the economy and what current events mean for their future finances. Whether you are a personal finance educator or just looking to provide your students with instruction in real world skills, EVERFI provides online and offline resources to educators, students and their families to support financial learning and discussions at home.
During this session, we explore the role of financial literacy in today’s education landscape and share resources available at no cost to support student learning year-round. Our panelists and educator experts share best practices to engage students in financial discussion with modifications and strategies for remote learning.
Teaching Financial Skills Outside the Classroom presentation
- Teacher / Student Registration Instructions: A brief step-by-step guide to setting up your account, creating your classes, and getting students ready to learn online with EVERFI.
- SSO Teacher Registration: If your school uses Clever Single Sign On, this brief step-by-step guide will help you through setting up your account and adding resources to the EVERFI app in student’s Clever accounts.
- EVERFI Resource Pairings: If your students have completed one of EVERFI’s resources, this document will help you discover other resources available to extend student learning.
- Remote Learning Playlist: A two-week learning plan that you can use to provide pacing and learning objectives to students remotely.
- Financial Literacy Month Packets – A great bundle of no-cost lessons and activities to send home to students and families and get them learning for Financial Literacy Month. Grab the perfect bundle for your grade level.
- Vault: Understanding Money – Vault is an interactive, online learning resource specifically designed to promote financial literacy for elementary students and teach financial education skills to young learners.
- FutureSmart – FutureSmart provides financial literacy for kids in grades 6-8 and empowers them to effectively manage their finances, make sound decisions, and become financially responsible, thanks to a partnership with the MassMutual Foundation.
- EVERFI: Financial Literacy – A digital education program that teaches high school students how to make wise financial decisions to promote financial well-being over their lifetime.
- Venture: Entrepreneurial Expedition – A youth entrepreneurship curriculum designed to teach middle and high school students to think entrepreneurially about business and life.
- Marketplaces: Investing Basics – In this gamified learning experience, high school students blend economic concepts with investing topics to learn how the government, corporations, and individuals come together to participate in the financial marketplace.