See how you can make your campus a safe and productive environment.Learn More
One in five teens and young adults live with a mental health condition, and three quarters develop one by age 24, according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
In order to create campus communities that foster college students’ mental health & well-being, colleges and universities must provide students with:
- Tools to support social-emotional learning
- Skills that bolster their ability to thrive
- Strategies for supporting others
Mental Well-being for Students equips undergraduates with essential skills and information to navigate the stressors and emotional challenges associated with college life. This mental health course helps learners practice self-care strategies, recognize when they or their peers are in distress, and take action to find additional support.
In Partnership with The JED Foundation
As part of our shared mission to promote student safety, emotional health and wellness EVERFI and The Jed Foundation have partnered to co-develop
Mental Well-being for Students.
The EVERFI Difference
EVERFI courses use realistic scenarios that students can relate to and interactive elements that keep learners engaged throughout the course. Most importantly, the training is written by mental wellness and prevention education experts.
Learn more about how Mental Well-being for Students equips students with essential information and skills to support the emotional well-being of themselves and one another.
Review our recommendations for implementing Mental Well-being for Students on your campus during the 2019-20 academic year.
TARGET AUDIENCE:First-year and continuing undergraduate students
PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS:Surveys and Assessments (pre and post)
This Course Covers
- Self-reflection and awareness
- Self-management and self-care strategies
- Recognizing signs of distress in yourself
- Recognizing signs of distress in peers
- Responding to peers in crisis
- Seeking professional help
- Dismantling the stigma associated with mental health and well-being
- Campus and community resources