Collected Impact since Fall 2018 | 67,000+ Students | 1,200 Schools
0 – 1000
1001 – 2500
2501 – 4000
“I wish that I had known this course before when I was struggling at school and didn’t know how to cope through it. With this course, I believe I am aware of how to truly deal with strong emotions and help my friends when they are struggling.”
– Student | Sugarland, Texas
EVERFI courses blend evidence-based strategies with innovative instructional design to maximize engagement and impact. Data is collected using pre- and post-assessments for all students who complete the Mental Wellness Basics curriculum to measure how the course impacts student knowledge, attitudes and behaviors regarding mental wellness.
Mental Wellness Basics leverages the same prevention framework utilized in EVERFI’s Prescription Drug Safety course. Results from EVERFI’s first school year implementing Prescription Drug Safety include:
- On average, students across 4 topics earned a 39% knowledge increase from pre- to post-lesson assessments.
- 24% more students feel that, if they need help with their mental health needs, they would seek help without hesitation (from 57% pre-course to 71% post-course).
- 65% of students reported that the course helped them be more compassionate towards those with mental health conditions.
- 30% more students said they know what coping strategies to use when they need to protect their mental health (from 62% pre-course to 81% post-course)
With the support of Pivotal Moments, EVERFI has developed an evidence-based mental wellness digital curriculum that empowers youth to build critical mental wellness skills.