The Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) modified the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in 2009, expanding the group of people who will be covered and putting more emphasis on employers’ behavior when cases go to court. From a comprehensive explanation of the amended Act to necessary accommodations and best practices, this Americans with Disabilities Act training course teaches supervisors how to navigate the legal dangers that arise when disability issues are mishandled in the workplace.
This course is also available specifically for California Supervisors.
- Introduces Title I of the Americans With Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and the ADA Amendments Act (“ADAAA”)
- Discusses reasonable accommodations and undue hardships
- Covers confidentiality, performance and behavior standards, safety hazards, and responding to ADA issues
- Explains permissible pre-employment and post-employment questions about disability
- Outlines interaction between ADA and ADAAA with other state and federal laws impacting people with disabilities
- Americans with Disabilities Act, including Amendments of 2008/2009